We are currently recruiting volunteer for the following positions:
- Medical Consultant specializing in senior and palliative issues.
Simply Compassion Advocacy Society offers in-house training in advocacy, elder issues, communication, Dementia/Alzheimer’s, and certified training in Best Friend Dementia Care.
Benefits to becoming a volunteer:
- Social support and interaction.
- Invaluable training
- Can change view of your own health and wellbeing.
- A sense of purpose.
- Increased self-esteem and confidence.
Benefits to senior residents who have volunteer involvement in their care:
- Improved quality of care, increased self-esteem and confidence.
- Better social interaction, integration and support.
- Reduced depression.
- Less intense response to grief.
- Reduced burden on caregivers.
- Decreased anxiety.
- Improved cognitive function.
Positions Available (please click the ones in Blue for more information)
- Medical Consultant (specializing in Senior and Palliative Issues)